Friday, July 27, 2007

Joined POAD - Many Accounts Suspended Within Hours

I joined a program called POAD a couple of days ago. I was told that it was Free during prelaunch only, and then would need to be paid for beginning next month. From the description, members should be able to earn enough to pay for their membership. As always, I had my doubts, but I decided to try it out as long as it was free.

I signed up for the program, and the first thing you were required to do was to complete ten "missions" to get you started. These were easy tasks, such as completing profile information, introductions, etc. I didn't even get through with the ten missions before I had to stop for a while. When I came back to my computer to log back in, I found that my account had been suspended.

I spoke to several other members and found that their accounts were also suspended on the same day, so I can only assume that this site is not something that I would want to bother with. I was going to give them a shot while the prelaunch was available for free, but I certainly don't want to chance spending money on this site.